Looking at the functions of the West Java BKD and its responsibilities
You certainly know the term BKD from the province of West Java. Especially if you have participated in the recruitment of civil servants in their respective regions. BKD or Regional Personnel Office is a very important government institution with various main tasks and functions.
BKD is best known to people when there is a recruitment of civil servants. Indeed, the most important task of the BKD is to assist the governor or regent in directing civil servants. So not only when looking for or recruiting civil servants, but also when regulating and supervising government employees.
If you are interested in becoming one of the government employees, you need to know about BKD and what is in it. That way, it will better understand what the responsibilities of this government agency or institution are.
Each city and district will have a BKD office that will handle all administrative matters of government employees in the city. The scope of work and tasks of this one institution are very broad with great responsibility. All these tasks and responsibilities are provided for in the law.
Within the BKD institution, there are several sub-areas that will work according to their responsibilities. Whether it concerns the provision of facilities, monitoring or the preparation of reports. For more detailed information, here is an explanation of BKD and its main functions and tasks.
Meet the BKD Regional Personnel Institution
BKD is a government agency or institution that regulates the performance of duties and training of officials in an area. For example, the West Java BKD will be responsible for managing, regulating, monitoring and facilitating officials in the West Java area.
The BKD of a district or city is only responsible for the care of officials in that city and is not responsible for other cities. His authority is thus only regionally limited. However, there are also people who have national authority, that is, the national personnel agency.
This institution will perform functions as an administrative part of the management of officials, both delivering work or tasks, carrying out training training and periods of service. When a government employee wants to take care of various files, such as mutations or glass/educational updates, he will have to deal with this institution.
The head of the Provincial BKD of West Java is directly responsible to the regional leadership to perform functions in accordance with the rules of the law. In order to realize its vision and mission, this government agency will draw up an annual work program to improve the performance of the organization for the better.
The function of BKD will be described in a work programme that is updated every year to create effective and efficient performance. In addition, regeneration is carried out in BKD to prepare reliable human resources in the future and to be able to show the best performance.
Get to know the vision and mission of BKD West Java
The most important vision is “The realization of a GOOD and prosperous device”. In its elaboration GOOD; Quality, responsible, innovative and creative. This vision is expected to form a professional and reliable organization so that it can help the performance of regional leaders. The elaboration of the meaning of the vision is:
- Quality, namely having quality in working according to the provisions and expectations of all Indonesians.
- Responsible, that is, have a responsible attitude in each activity or each implemented work program.
- Innovative, that is, able to display or introduce new things so that it can increase work efficiency.
- Creative, that is, being able to bring out creativity in creating something or increasing the benefits of something that already exists.
- Prosperity, that is, the realization of a sense of comfort and security for civil servants, both in terms of material, financial and spiritual.
BKD of the province of West Java not only has a vision, but also carries out the mission that is carried out from time to time. This mission will change with the needs of the government and must be carried out by every official within this institution. These are the missions carried out:
- The realization of a modern personnel system according to technological developments.
- Help improve the livelihoods and well-being of employees based on each individual’s job performance.
- Improve the professionalism of an employee’s work with guidance and training.
Get to know the tasks of the West Java BKD
As an institution that is directly accountable to regional leaders, BKD’s main task is to carry out the managementof regional officials. Therefore, all matters related to the management of employees in this institution should be carried out. Other tasks and functions of this personnel institution are:
- Drawing up regional regulatory plans in the field of regional personnel by paying attention to laws and regulations in order to be able to make regulations according to national standards.
- Planning and setting up a regional personnel system.
- Carrying out administrative implementation in terms ofgkatan, dismissal and mutation of civil servants.
- Draft and decide on technical policies for the development of regional officials.
- The provision of administrative services for the civil state apparatus, such as appointment, dismissal, transfer and change of structural or functional functions carried out in accordance with the rules in personnel law.
- Prepare and establish the pension policy of the civil state apparatus in accordance with applicable laws, standards and standard procedures.
- Determining salaries and benefits for the well-being of the civil state apparatus with reference to personnel laws and regulations.
- Carrying out the management of the civil state apparatus and managing the regional personnel information system.
Based on its functions and duties, the West Java Provincial BKD fully maintains the policies and regulations of all matters relating to officials located or serving in the West Java region. In addition, it is also responsible for the appointment, promotion and management of employee pensions.
BKD improves the professionalism of the civil state apparatus
The preparation of work programmes is carefully regulated to help improve the performance of the state apparatus. The work programme shall be adapted to the working objective of the regional staff institution so that it can support the achievement of the vision and mission of the institution. In this case, it is adapted to the rules of the legislation of the central level.
BKD West Java focuses on improving the professionalism of work to form a reliable and accountable state apparatus. Thus, in the future, it can prepare a reliable device capable of fulfilling tasks and responsibilities. The following are some of the work programmes implemented:
- Implementation of CPNS recruitment. This program is implemented every year or at least once every 2 years to fill vacancies in positions because employees are retiring, dying or needing additional staff.
- The process of awarding prizes is in the form of an increase in honor to CPNS for honorees with the best performance in exchange for worship.
- Recruitment of IPDN Praja approvals through tests followed by regional sons and daughters and from various other parts of Indonesia.
- Administrative services such as the creation of a civil servant’s card, the management of a TASPEN card or the registration of dependents for married civil servants.
- Organize and conduct exams for civil servants who are eligible for promotion.
- Organising training courses to improve the costs ofcivil servants.
- Implementation of technical training and guidance of state apparatuses, either holding training in the regions or arranging employees participating in training at the central BKD.
As an institution that assists the performance of regional heads in regulating officials, BKD has a great responsibility. Not only naming the main tasks based on their functions, the West Java Provincial BKD must also carry out the vision and mission as a sending institution.